I have put together, the most up to date, free stock photo websites, list of 2020, for you! This is a list of the 11 BEST websites to find free styled stock photos for Girl Bosses!
I know, because, I initially, compiled a list of 22 sites, I've used over the past 3 years. Only 11 sites made the cut! Some no longer existed, were no longer free, or had old and outdated images- like 6th generation iPhones.
Not everyone has time to do photo shoots for their websites, blogs, businesses, or promotional materials. And, unfortunately, it is not as simple, as “just downloading images from Google or Pinterest."
Many of the images, found on those sites, have been copy written. You can be fined, or even sued, for using them without consent or payment. Also, finding the sites that contain the type of images you're looking for, through trial and area, can take months (and sometimes years-I kid you NOT) of searching. I've taken the guesswork and the legwork out of it, for you. I like to share, what I've learned, through research and trial and error, in hopes of preventing others, from having to make some of the same mistakes, I made early on. And, of course, it goes without saying, save you some precious time. Because, there is never enough time.
So, here my friends, are the 11 free stock photo websites, that have earned their way to the top! They each feature, awesome, girly, styled stock photos and soft feminine images, that you would be proud, to feature in your blog posts, on your websites, and social media feeds.
So without further ado, here are each of them, with a simple description of what I found on each one.
1. STYLEDSTOCKSOCIETY- Styled Stock is absolutely #1 on my list. They have beautiful photos, and allow you to initially download 10 free images. Stock photography is actually their business. The owner is, photographer, (amongst other wonderful things) Elle Drouin. You can also find her at Elle Drouin.com
2. SC STOCK SHOP - The owner is Shay Cochrane. She is a Product Stylist and photographer. You can also find her at shaycochrane.com
Stock Shop offers 20 ultra classy and feminine stock photos, upon signup, and a few more each month. I cannot say enough about this site. Each month I receive the most helpful, informative, and inspiring emails from them and I've never been disappointed with any image (or anything else for that matter) from them. She has been "cosigned" by Jenna Kutcher, and Vogue Weddings, amongst other well-known and well-respected brand owners. Need I say more? Actually, I will. Last night when I was up late, working on this post, guess what came into my email box? You guessed it. An email containing more fabulous photos, and encouraging words from STOCK SHOP!
3. HAUTE STOCK -Their motto is "we take pretty pictures so you don't have to," and they absolutely do! Their photos are chic and elegant. When you sign up, for their mailing list, you get a few, and each month a few more are delivered to your inbox.
4. CREATEHER STOCK -Createher is for content curators and features photos of melanated women. You initially, receive 8 free stock photos, and each month you're eligible for a few more. And get this, at the end of each year, you are given access, to download all of their stock photos from the previous year. I think you would agree, that's an example of generosity, if I've ever seen it.
5. IVORY MIX - The owner of Ivory Mix is Kayla Butler. She is a treasured resource in my book. She and her stock photo biz are to be protected at all costs! She offers to us, you and me, they and them, a resource library of over 550 photos, with unlimited access! Can you believe it? You can hardly believe it, can you? Well...'tis true! Believe you-me! Go see for yourself, sis! You will not regret it.
There is a funny story about this. I realized, as I was researching for this post, that I'd been sent an email, back in December, from them. It stated, they were cleaning up their email list, for chronic non-openers and subscribers who weren't engaging. I totally get it. It's good to do that every so often, especially if you're paying your email service provider, based on your subscriber total + # of emails sent, per month. Plus, who wants to bend over backwards for people who aren't engaged.
But, I hadn't seen it, or responded to it, in time. I was deleted. *insert panic face here* You should have seen me typing in their web address to get back on "the list." Now, that ought to speak volumes, to you, friends. I want to be on the list. please don't take me off the list!
6. WONDERLASS - The owner, of Wonderlass, is your "online business' quirky BFF" (her words) who loves pops of bright color, and is a cute as button! (my words) She not only offers 15 beautiful stock photos, but so many other amazing free tools, for entrepreneurs, to help their businesses, grow and flourish.
7. CANVA - Canva has a wide variety of digitally stunning photos. Canva, also allows you to edit them, in app, (or download them and edit elsewhere) with text, filters and other graphic elements. Sometimes, if you're not using Canva for Work, there may be a small charge of $1 to remove their watermark. However, you can filter by free or premium photos. They also offer stock videos. If you're a Canva newbie and want to become a pro, check out my Creating With Canva Course Bundles here.
8. SHEBOLDSTOCK- The owner is Jasmine Hunt, a fellow introvert, brand owner, and photographer. Her site offers 56 stock photos. Yes, you read that correctly. FIFTY-SIX, plus a source library of other $0-cost tools.
9. picnoi.com This site has a variety of people of color and different ethnic backgrounds.
10. pexels.com This site allows you to search by color scheme or palette and it offers stock videos, also.
11 pixabay.com This site allows you to search by camera or phone model.
I hope this saves you some time and makes your projects a little bit easier. If you know of some sites, that you've found to be useful, that are not included in this list, please share with us, in the comments section, below.
Digital Product Strategist. Content Creator, Business and faith based Life Coach, Chic-Geek, Introvert, and Empath.